Sunday, December 31, 2000

1974 Harley-Davidson XLCH-1000 Sportster

The New Project - Harley Davidson
Feb 6, 2015


We've been working on a 1968 Ford Falcon and she's looking pretty good. So, it's time for a new project. I started looking for a motorcycle. I went to New Braunfels, TX one day to look at a 74 Harley Sportster. It looked great, but it didn't have a title. I decided against it and headed back to Austin. On the way, I decided to stop by Cowboy Harley dealer to see if they ever get any project bikes. It just so happened that they had a 1974 XLCH1000 that they had taken on trade-in. They didn't even know if it ran. I looked at it and thought, "That's the ugliest motorcycle I've ever seen". See below. I thought about it for a few days and thought of what it could be. I emailed "Bagger" and asked if they still had it. Turns out they did - who would've bought that? So, I bought it and brought it home.


Let's dig in and get our hands dirty



No comments:

Post a Comment